General Manager: Water Well Drilling & Pump Installation
Steffl Drilling & Pump is seeking an experienced General Manager to work out of our Willmar, Minnesota location who will be responsible for bidding and managing entire projects ranging from commercial and residential well drilling to commercial and residential repairs and service work. As a general manager you will supervise all other personnel under the supervision and consultation of owner. You will be responsible for keeping an open communication with property owners, drillers, service techs, & office staff to ensure timely and professional completion of all projects. You will also be responsible for maintaining the adherence to safety and legal regulations by workers.
Compensation: (Scenario based on previous employee performance & company profits)
|Performance Bonus (based on % increase in NI over 3 year avg)||$20,000|
|Drilling Bonus ($1 to $.50 per ft)||$2,000|
|Per Diem ($75/night cash)||$2,800|
|Profit Sharing (based on company profitability for the year)||$6,750|
|Safety Bonus (based on accrual of consecutive injury free years)||$500|
|401k (4% employer match)||$3,000|
|Health Ins. (1/2 of employee premium paid pre-tax)||$3,000|
|Accrued Vacation & 5 Paid Holidays (accrual begins after 1 year of service)||$2,700|
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Assist with incoming phone traffic for prospective sales, scheduling drilling & service work.
- Write proposals, submit to client, and follow up on quotes & proposals given out.
- Monitor bid resources for potential projects to bid.
- Develop new markets, i.e.: Environmental, Municipal, Industrial, Geothermal etc.
- Initiate and assist office personnel with mailings and phone contacts for new markets and sales leads.
- Project Management
- Bids prepared correctly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Attend required pre-construction meetings and on site construction meetings.
- Obtain best pricing on inventory and bid project materials.
- Insure correct materials for projects are available for installation as needed.
- Assist & monitor purchasing of inventory, parts and supplies for drilling and service work
- Team Leader
- Schedule service calls, drilling and additional projects.
- Evaluate and purchase needed equipment and tools.
- Insure personnel are trained and informed in what their required responsibilities are for each job they are assigned including technical work, safety requirements, and communication plan.
- Assist field personnel with service calls, drilling and other field work as required to maintain smooth operations and complete work prior to deadlines.
- Hiring of personnel and evaluations of personnel.
- Handle and deal with all aspects of business challenges on a daily basis.
- Required to handle any on site problems as they arise.
Typical Drilling Tasks:
- Review client requirements and proposed locations for water wells
- Operate water well drilling rigs and other equipment to drill, bore and dig for residential, commercial and industrial water wells and install well screens, casings and other well fixtures
- Perform routine mechanical maintenance work on water well drilling rigs and equipment
- Install, test, maintain and repair water well pumps, piping systems and equipment
- Perform pumping tests to assess well performance
- Provide other drilling services, such as repair or dismantling of the existing water well structure
- Know state codes on how to construct wells, to include isolation distances & grouting requirements
- Abide by safety and personal protective and equipment policies & procedures.
- Always wear a seat belt and never talk or text on a cell phone when driving.
- Attend regularly scheduled safety meetings and report all unsafe conditions to your Supervisor.
- Pre-trip inspects in AM and post-trip inspects at end of every day.
- Replace used equipment on vehicles at end of each day.
- Ensure customer’s property is left in clean and professional condition
|Level of Education:||
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Military training, College and or vocational training a plus.
|Level of Experience:||
Well drilling or related industry experience: 3 years minimum experience
Project Management and estimating: 5 years minimum experience.
|Abilities and Skills:||
Must be able to communicate and manage employee work force.
Must be detailed. organized, and flexible. Use of Microsoft Office.
|Physical standards:||Lift up to 100 lbs. Fill in as needed on work sites. Work long hours at computer as needed.|
Clean MVR. Valid Driver’s License with intent to procure a valid commercial license within 90 days. OSHA and/or IGSPHA training are beneficial. Forklift/Bobcat certificate.
Ability to obtain state drilling license.
|Drug testing:||Pre-employment and subject to DOT random testing requirements|
You Interested in Applying? Here's the Next Steps.
Download & Complete the Application
You can complete the application electronically or print and fill it out.
Print, Sign & Scan the Application
Print, sign, and scan your completed application so it can be sent to us. If you have any questions on the application, give us a call.
Send Us Your Completed Application
Send us your completed application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to our office.
Benefits of Working at Steffl Drilling & Pump
Paid Vacation + Holidays
After 1 year of service, you begin accruing PTO and holidays
Challenge & Opportunity
Career growth is in your hands - we'll present you with the opportunities
401K + Profit Sharing
4% match and profit sharing - that's free money
1.5x OT Pay + Per Diem
1.5x OT pay after 40 hrs and $90 cash each night you're out of town
1/2 Employee Premiums Pre-Tax
Let us help cut the costs for you and your loved ones
Paid Drive Time
We value your time, even when it's spent driving to and from the site
All of Our Career Opportunities Are Based Out of Willmar, Minnesota