Lead Water Well & Pump Service Tech (Skilled Labor)
Steffl Drilling & Pump is seeking an experienced Well & Pump Service Tech to work out of our Willmar, Minnesota location who will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, selling, and installing water pumping systems and wells. You may occasionally be asked to assist the drillers on larger projects. Because more wells are located in urban areas, you will have to travel to remote locations daily and spend time outdoors, and instead of a typical 40-hour week and 9 to 5 hours, work is performed until the job is complete. The work is tough and dirty and so you must be physically fit and mechanically inclined. You must also have good customer service skills to interact with customers.
Compensation: (Scenario based on previous employee performance & company profits)
|Salary ($28/hr, OT after 40 hrs)||$105,519|
|Per Diem ($125/night cash)||$2,500|
|Monthly Weekend On Call ($100/weekend)||$1,200|
|Performance Bonus (based on attendance, work ethic, and attitude)||$12,250|
|Profit Sharing (based on company profitability for the year)||$7,766|
|Safety Bonus (based on accrual of consecutive injury free years)||$500|
|401k (4% employer match)||$4,583|
|Health Ins. (1/2 of employee premium paid pre-tax)||$3,002|
|Accrued Vacation & 5 Paid Holidays (accrual begins after 1 year of service)||$3,560|
- Pre-Trip inspects in AM and Post-Trip inspects at end of every day.
- Troubleshoot & repair residential and commercial water pumping systems and water wells
- Perform routine mechanical maintenance work on service trucks and equipment
- Install new water pumping systems and safely wire electrical pumping systems
- Size pumps for various applications and sell pumping equipment that suits the customer’s needs
- Fill out job worksheets, time cards, driving logs, daily inspections and all other paperwork properly & legible
- Keep service truck neat, clean & always stocked with supplies & full tank of fuel each night
- Operate pump hoist trucks with 3-ton to 5-ton lifting capacity
- Fish out dropped pumps and install and read water flow meters
- Use of basic electrical, plumbing and mechanical skills
- Teach and train apprentice on proper methodologies and mechanics
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Must have good sales skills and make sure the customer is happy before you leave the yard
- Set up on job site, keep work site clean and orderly, break down, clean up and demobilize work site, taking customer into consideration
- Be responsible for trucks, drilling equipment, mechanics, safety regulations, paperwork & logbooks
- Abide by safety and personal protective and equipment policies & procedures
- Always wear a seat belt and never talk or text on a cell phone when driving
- Attend regularly scheduled safety meetings
- Work long hours (12-14 hrs) if needed, work out of town & overnights ($90/night per diem)
- Take night and weekend service calls on a semi-regular basis ($50/day on call + OT over 40 hrs)
|Level of Education:||
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to speak, read and understand English
Lift and/or move up to 100lbs, work outside in the elements.
Employee is regularly required to: stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms; talk or hear; or smell; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Clean MVR. Valid Driver’s License with CDL Class A (preferred) or CDL B License
Current medical card approved
Ability to obtain air brake, tanker and HAZMAT endorsements
|Drug testing:||Pre-employment and subject to DOT random testing requirements|
You Interested in Applying? Here's the Next Steps.
Download & Complete the Application
You can complete the application electronically or print and fill it out.
Print, Sign & Scan the Application
Print, sign, and scan your completed application so it can be sent to us. If you have any questions on the application, give us a call.
Send Us Your Completed Application
Send us your completed application via email to email@example.com or deliver it to our office.
Benefits of Working at Steffl Drilling & Pump
Paid Vacation + Holidays
After 1 year of service, you begin accruing PTO and holidays
Challenge & Opportunity
Career growth is in your hands - we'll present you with the opportunities
401K + Profit Sharing
4% match and profit sharing - that's free money
1.5x OT Pay + Per Diem
1.5x OT pay after 40 hrs and $90 cash each night you're out of town
1/2 Employee Premiums Pre-Tax
Let us help cut the costs for you and your loved ones
Paid Drive Time
We value your time, even when it's spent driving to and from the site
All of Our Career Opportunities Are Based Out of Willmar, Minnesota